ESOTERIC MEDITATION COURSE
Meditation is the foundation of all self-development and conscious evolution
If you want to create any real and lasting changes in your life it is necessary to learn how to control your mind.
Meditation is not only good for relaxing, de-stressing and helping you to be more present. It is also the most efficient tool for self-development and being able to live the life you aspire for.
Meditation helps you to transform yourself. As a systematic training, meditation increases self-awareness and creates freedom from all unconscious mental patterns and blindspots that make us repeat mistakes and fall back into old habits.
Meditation makes you focus on what is essential in life, ultimately taking you beyond the mind into the realm of pure consciousness, exploring the deeper nature of your being and the answers to existential questions such as “who am I?” and “What is the meaning of life?”
Eliminating mental agitation is one of the first and most obvious results of meditation – but it is not the end goal – it is only the starting point.
The deeper purpose of meditation is to awaken consciousness and our capacity for self-awareness. To discover who we are beyond the mind and beyond all limitations.
The perseverant practice of meditation creates access to states of cosmic ecstasy, Samadhi, and the revelation of the Supreme Self, Atman.
“You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes every day – unless you’re too busy, then you should meditate for 1 hour”
- Learn how & why meditation actually works – including the laws & mechanisms of the mind, such as the law of resonance, the principle of superimposition, the principle of limit and the principle of rhythm for attaining continuity of consciousness.
- More than just meditation – the course includes techniques to optimize the mind & body for better meditation, including various yoga asanas & concentration exercises
- Systematic training for better long-term development – using techniques with measurable results and a step-by-step approach which guides beginner & intermediate practitioners to advanced realms of meditation
- Learn why most people fail in meditation – we’ll identify the pitfalls that make most people quit before they get results, as well as the bigger long-term obstacles that block even advanced practitioners from their highest goals.
- Use meditation as a tool for accelerated self-development – it’s the fastest way to become who you want to be and to eliminate all limitations and everything which stops you from being you.
Who this course is for
1. People who want to access their full mental potential
Meditation is the royal path to improving your brain power, including mental focus, clarity and intelligence. It helps you to learn faster, increases efficiency in all actions and allows you to be more productive. Meditation is also allowing you to explore and awaken your consciousness and your currently dormant and unconscious mental abilities.
2. People dealing with physical, mental, or emotional stress
People who are interested in learning how to deal with mental noise and unwanted thoughts, to learn methods to improve emotional balance, boost creativity & mental efficiency, and to realize their full potential
3. Serious spiritual seekers
People who wish to accelerate their spiritual growth & development, to learn the most efficient techniques & methods revealed by ancient secret lineages, and to reach the highest spiritual accomplishment.
Most of our students come because they are looking for genuine knowledge & methods on how to achieve a certain purpose or transformation.
Somewhere along the way, they found out that “yoga” and “meditation” could help them achieve this.
The results speak for themselves, which is why many of our students and teachers have been practicing for 20+ years and continue to transform through the practice!
Buddha was asked, “What have you gained from meditation?”
He replied, “Nothing!”
Then he continued, “However, let me tell you what I have lost: anger, anxiety, depression, insecurity, and fear of old age and death.”
How it works
Step 1: Class
In the first year, classes are 2 hours consisting of 2 components – practice and theory.
Theory (approx. 40 minutes)
The first year curriculum involves learning:
- the basic mechanisms of the mind
- mental concentration and purification techniques
- Patanjali’s 8 stages for obtaining success in meditation
Practice (approx. 80 minutes)
1. Initial awareness & warming-up exercises
The practice begins with an initial phase of awareness and warming up, which activates the beneficial subtle energies (both psychic and mental) that exist within the being.
2. YOGA techniques selected for facilitating meditation
Practice can include asanas, pranayama, concentration exercises, meditation, and other techniques taught in the course.
3. The complete yogic relaxation
The complete yogic relaxation involves first an active, conscious relaxation of the entire being, then a phase of “expansion of consciousness”.
4. Mental training methods & meditation
Step 2: Personal Practice
We encourage you to choose the techniques & methods that are most useful & valuable for you.
It is better to have a consistent daily practice than to practice only from time to time. Through the course you are building a “self development toolbox”, knowing the precise effects from each technique and inner attitude you learn in class.
After a while you will have a wealth of knowledge and techniques, more than you can practice in a day.
Some techniques are best for improving mental concentration, others for deepening relaxation and others for strengthening the back and making you able to sit in meditation painfree.
We encourage you to choose techniques for your daily practice based on the specific results and transformation you wish to obtain, but also to choose what you enjoy the most, which will generate enthusiasm to practice more.
You are welcome to ask your teacher for advice on how to design a daily training that suits you and your current life situation.
Step 3: Transformation
Effects of the techniques presented in the Esoteric Meditation Course include:
- Freedom from mental agitation, less mental noise and unwanted thoughts that repeat themselves 117 times per day.
- More energy, your brain consumes a lot of energy. As soon as you start being able to turn the mind off when it’s not needed, all of that energy can be put to good use.
- Consciously choosing your life, the ability to control your mind makes it possible to go in the direction you want to go and to act consciously instead of reacting unconsciously
- Increased happiness, the sun is always shining above the clouds and meditation removes the thought clouds on your inner sky. Meditation brings spontaneous moments of ecstatic happiness springing from deep within.
- Emotional intimacy, an overactive mind prevents you from feeling yourself and being fully present.. Meditation brings you closer to yourself and into a state of pure being, from where you can also connect profoundly with others.
- Less stress, stress can be described as having a tense and contracted consciousness, with no space to move, meditation creates relaxation and expansion and what seemed like big issues will appear something very small within the space of your consciousness.
- Increased efficiency in action, more clarity and less wasted time plus no contradictory tendencies that pull you in different directions equals full power ahead.
- Freedom from inner limitations, meditation helps you to let go of limiting beliefs and “can’t” and allows you to see opportunities you couldn’t see before.
- Understanding yourself better, increased self awareness brings the light of understanding, which also increses tolerance, forgiveness and compassion for yourself and others.
- Ability to act despite fear, fear can paralyze or cause panic. Fear causes us to narrow our focus and activates the flight or flight tendency, which is useful in front of a tiger, but not so much in most non life-threatening situations. With a more centered, calm and expanded consciousness, you gain the capacity to rise above your instinctual reactions.
- Access to the supramental, a gradual awakening of “buddhi”, the intuitive mind
Other benefits our students report:
- Improved social & intimate relationships – from deepening understanding of ourselves, there is an increased empathy, compassion, and understanding for others
- Increased efficiency in using mental & creative energies (better focus & mental clarity)
- Elimination of inner tensions & blockages – physically, and also mentally/emotionally
- Increased levels of energy and positive inner states (happiness, joy, enthusiasm)
- Deeper levels of relaxation in daily life
- Improved quality of sleep
Other practical information:
In the first year, classes are 2 hours consisting of approx. 80 minutes of practice and 40 minutes of theory.
There are 46-48 classes in a year – 1 per week. Classes pause in August and resume in September each year.
For students in Aarhus: please note that the format of the course is different. You can see the details in the schedule below.
Year 1 courses are open for enrollment until the Laya Yoga initiation (usually in April).
After this exceptional initiation is given, the course closes to newcomers.
Those who are interested in joining the courses after April will then have to wait until the next Year 1 courses are open in September.
All students must start in Year 1 – even if they have previous experience with meditation.
Due to the progressive curriculum of the course, skipping years is not possible. The later years build upon the theoretical & practical foundations set in earlier years.
Even if you have experience with meditation we highly recommend keeping an open attitude towards learning everything from the beginning and remind you of the ancient proverb that “realizing that you don’t know anything is the first step towards real knowledge”. We are confident that you will soon discover that there are many valuable things in the course which could be a revelation even if you have practiced meditation for many years.
Year 1 Meditation Course
* The course is on hold due to COVID-19 and will continue week 4 in January 2021
*All classes are open until March 2021.
Want to try our courses?
Get A 1-Month Unlimited PassTry as many classes as you want for 1 month
- Includes access to all Year 1 classes (online only until 3 January)