Meridian Yoga Online Course
Learn how to work with the energetic pathways that connect mind, body, and emotions
About this course:
Meridians are the energetic pathways through which “energy” or “vital life force” (known as prana in Yoga, and chi / qi in Traditional Chinese Medicine) flows through the body.
Meridians have been studied & used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for thousands of years to treat physical & emotional symptoms, boost immunity, and improve the function of the body’s inner organs.
Many report that with the help of the meridian system of TCM, they have been able to heal ailments which they did not solve with Western medicine alone.
This is possible because the meridian system is an “integral” or “holistic” system – it brings awareness to the deeper connections between meridians, energy, inner organs, and emotions. Rather than looking only at the symptoms of disease, the meridian system allows us to find and heal the deeper causes.
This course combines knowledge from Yoga, Reflexology (Acupressure), and Modern Neuroscience for a holistic understanding of the Meridian system used in TCM, massage, and natural healing.
In this course, you will learn about:
- The relationship between inner organs, meridians, hormones & emotions
- How “emotions are stored in the body” – especially in the inner organs
- The effect of meridians & inner organs on mood, energy levels, & hormone secretion
- The cycles & rhythms of the body – including hormonal secretion & predominant activation of inner organs throughout the day
- How to become more aware of your meridians & inner organs
- How to identify energetic blockages and possible hormonal imbalances
- How to restore states of health, boost immunity, & regain emotional stability using Meridian Yoga exercises & acupressure points
Who this is for
Massage therapists & students
Learn about the flow of energies in the body & how to work with meridians when giving & receiving massage.
You will learn how to observe the effects of massage on your own meridians and emotions, and which meridians to work with when giving massage to others.
Discover new depths & efficiency in your yoga practice by bringing awareness to the meridians & activation of inner organs.
Even simple “warming up” exercises are understood to a deeper, more profound level.
Anyone interested in holistic health & natural healing
Traditional Chinese Medicine has been studied and praised for effectively healing diseases & common ailments.
Even medical professionals & students can greatly benefit from studying the connections between ancient Eastern traditions and modern Western medicine.
The course runs for 10 weeks. 1.5 hours each week.
Each course is approximately 50% theory & 50% practice, with additional time for Q&A available as needed.
The first few classes will focus on foundational concepts of Meridian Yoga:
- The principle of polarity (yin/yang) in Yoga & TCM
- Prana / qi / chi and the flow of energy through the body
- Meridians & acupressure points
- “Warming-up” exercises used in the Meridian Yoga practice
Then each class will focus on 2 meridians including:
- The inner organs & emotions each meridian governs
- How to tell whether you are experiencing a weak activation or blockage in a meridian (physical & emotional symptoms)
- Acupressure points connected to each meridian
- Meridian Yoga exercises for activating and harmonizing the flow of energy through each meridian
- Warming-up exercises (for physical & energetic preparation of the body)
- Accupressure points & Yoga techniques
- Complete Yogic Relaxation for final harmonization of entire being
- Meditations for becoming aware of specific meridians & related energies within the being
The course will be held ONLINE through Zoom.
No partner is needed – all exercises presented in the course will be practiced on your own.
Classes will be held every Tuesday starting 9 March until 11 May
Classes will be held on these dates:
9, 16, 23 March
6, 13, 20, 27 April
4, 11 May
You will receive the Zoom link for the course as soon as you make your payment.
You will have access to our Online Platform to watch all the recordings 1-2 days after each class, and will be viewable up to 1 week after the course ends in May.
You will also receive PDF course materials, and the music used for meditations presented in the class
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Daniela Ananda has been practicing Tantra and Yoga for almost 3 decades. She is also an inspiring Yoga teacher with over 10 years of experience. She is educated as a nurse, studies Ayurveda, Esoteric Astrology and Taoism, which fits her motto: “The best teacher is the one who is the best student and never stops learning.”
Ananda sees NATHA as a lighthouse for souls who aspire to understand themselves on a deeper level and to receive the perfect tools to operate optimally as human beings. Her biggest happiness is helping others to experience the same reality that she achieved through perseverant practice.
Ananda is known for her spontaneity and creativity in her tantric work which helps people to discover, often with great amazement, new and unexpected solutions to their problems. She is always a bubbling source of joy and spontaneity which stimulates people around her.
Sign Up to the course
This course is NOT a substitute for a professional medical diagnosis, treatment, or training.
If you are experiencing any sort of health issues – please always seek diagnosis & treatment from a certified medical professional.
Do you need a partner? Is it better with a partner?
No – all exercises in the course are meant to be practiced by yourself.
Will we get recordings?
Yes, each week’s recording will be sent within 1-2 business days and will be viewable until 1 week after the end of the course.
I cannot attend live – can I sign up and get the recordings only?
Yes – you can watch at your own pace and can view the recordings until 1 week after the end of the course.